allenges that people just dont know is

#1 von lebaobei123 , 06.05.2019 04:29

LOS ANGELES -- June was a month to savour for Los Angeles Dodgers rookie Yasiel Puig and one to forget for Philadelphia Phillies slumping first baseman Ryan Howard. Puig ended his sensational first month in the major leagues with his first four-hit game, Stephen Fife scattered four hits over seven scoreless innings and the Dodgers beat the Phillies 6-1 Sunday to take three of four in the series. "Puigs definitely brought an energy and a spark to us, and his skill level, I think, is a little more than anybody anticipated it would be," Fife said. "Ever since he first got here, Ive had a lot of friends and family ask me: Hey, whats it like? And I just say: Keep watching, because its going to be historic. And as its turned out, its been a pretty historic start." Puig finished June with 44 hits, surpassing the 42 by Pittsburghs Bob Elliott in September 1939 for the second-most in a players first full calendar month in the major leagues. Joe DiMaggio had 48 in May 1936. "Obviously, the league is going to start to make adjustments when they start figuring out what counts and what pitches he may struggle with or have less success with," Philadelphias Jimmy Rollins said. "And then hell have to readjust his game. But right now, hes done everything he needs to do." Puig also eclipsed the Los Angeles Dodgers record for most hits in a month by a rookie, set by Steve Sax in August 1982. The Cuban-born right fielder got his first major league triple in the fifth inning and scored on Adrian Gonzalezs double for a 4-0 lead. Puig singled his first two times up and stole second base both times. He scored the games first run in the fourth inning on a single by Hanley Ramirez. Matt Kemp and Jerry Hairston Jr. also had RBI singles that inning. The only reason Puig led off the fourth was because Fife was picked off first base by catcher Carlos Ruiz for the final out in the third. Puig also doubled in the seventh. "He appears to me to be a complete package of a top-tier ballplayer," Fife said. "And to see somebody do that in the big leagues for the four weeks hes been up now is very impressive. I think hes taken a lot of pressure off a lot of people in here, just because hes producing at such an unbelievable rate." A.J. Ellis had an RBI double among his three hits and threw out two baserunners trying to steal, helping lead the Dodgers to their eighth victory in nine games. He finished the month with a .436 average, 16 RBIs and seven home runs. Fife (3-2) had five strikeouts in his second straight win. The right-hander has a 2.21 ERA over in six starts since being inserted into the rotation on June 3. "It was a good mix of everything," Fife said. "I tried to keep the ball down in the zone and was mixing in the changeup and the curveball throughout the whole day. My fastball command kind of went erratic in the third, so I threw the changeup and that kind of got me back on line. Then things started cruising." Jose Dominguez, promoted from Triple-A on Saturday, pitched a perfect eighth inning in his big league debut. The righty struck out his first batter, Delmon Young, on a fastball that registered 101 mph on the Dodger Stadium speed gun. Howard, back in the lineup after sitting out the previous two games because of left-handed starters, was 0 for 4 with three strikeouts. He is hitless in his last 20 at-bats with 11 strikeouts. "Im not happy about it," the 2006 NL MVP said. "Obviously, you dont go out there and say: I want to go 0-for-this entire trip. Its a battle and a grind, and its a very frustrating game at times." Kyle Kendrick (7-5) gave up four runs and 10 hits in six innings. The right-hander was saved by his batting helmet in the sixth when a pitch glanced off the back of it as he tried to duck out of the way. Fife squatted on the front slope of the mound, showing concern for Kendrick before the Phillies pitcher went to first base. Pitching coach Rick Honeycutt came out to settle down Fife, who induced Michael Young to hit into a forceout and got Chase Utley to ground into an inning-ending double play. "He came up to bunt in the third inning and I sailed one over his head, which was completely unintentional. Then in the sixth, I actually hit him in the head," Fife said. "For me, there are rules in this game -- and one of them is, never hit a pitcher. So I got a little rattled. My biggest worry is that he would leave the game with a concussion. I didnt really see the blow, but I heard the noise. I probably owe him more than an apology. Its not something I intend to do ever again." Rollins drove in Philadelphias run with a two-out RBI single in the ninth. NOTES: The Dodgers designated 10-year veteran RHP Matt Guerrier for assignment and promoted rookie RHP Chris Withrow from Triple-A Albuquerque. Guerrier was 2-3 with a 4.80 ERA in 34 relief appearances. Withrow made three appearances for the big club earlier this month before he was optioned to the minors. ... Dodgers LF Carl Crawford, sidelined since June 2 because of a left hamstring strain, began a minor league rehab assignment Sunday with Class-A Rancho Cucamonga. Starting that game against Lancaster was LHP Ted Lilly, who hasnt pitched for Los Angeles since June 4 because of a neck sprain. Pavol Demitra Jersey . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . St.Louis Blues Jerseys . Hes the same player he always was, only now his efforts are being rewarded. The rookie manager has made a habit of heaping praise on others when things are going well, and accepting criticism when they arent. But in the case of Hurtado, its what the coach is NOT saying that may be the secret to a superb run of form. http://www.cheapbluesjerseys.info/authen...n-blues-jersey/. - The New England Patriots needed help on defence so they added three experienced players at midseason. Brett Hull Jersey . - The Oakland Athletics say they are stopping negotiations to extend their lease at the Coliseum. Custom St.Louis Blues Jerseys . Make the extra pass, take care of the ball, play defence and get more out of his bench.VANCOUVER -- It was after Week 2 of the CFL season when the B.C. Lions were stumbling along winless and looking like a team with no chance at playing in a championship Grey Cup game that they are set to host. That feels like a long time ago now after quarterback Kevin Glenn had 301 yards and two touchdowns Saturday, as the Lions rolled over the Montreal Alouettes 41-5 for their second straight victory. Glenn was impressive, going 23-for-31 before leaving late in the third with a minor muscle strain that he says isnt serious. As for those critics coming after Glenn and his Lions after Week 2 -- when they lost 24-9 to the Als in Montreal -- the quarterback says everything is right on track. "Its a marathon, and you want to gradually get better every week," he said. "Last week we werent perfect and naturally this week we werent perfect, but we made plays when they were called upon. "We want to make sure were growing as a team till the end of the year when youre playing your best football." Wide receiver Emmanuel Arceneaux caught three touchdown passes, including both of Glenns, as the Lions moved to 2-2 after last weeks impressive 26-13 win in Regina. The Als (1-3), meanwhile, have just one win on the season -- against B.C. -- and it was a tough outing for Montreal quarterback Troy Smith, who finished with a scant 45 yards passing before being replaced in the fourth. "Its not what we are, but it was what we were tonight," said a downcast Als head coach Tom Higgins. "Credit the B.C. Lions, they did almost everything that they needed to do. We did not execute." The West Coast has rarely been kind to the Alouettes as theyve now been outscored 163-30 in their last four games in Vancouver. Their last win in B.C. was way back in 2010, when the Lions played in Empire Field for one season. But as easy as it is to point to Montreals damning history in Vancouver some of the credit must go to an improving quarterback in Glenn. The 35-year-old veteran, brought in in the off-season to back up injured started Travis Lulay, has been steadily improving as of late and feeling more comfortable with the Lions offense. "Thats what happens when youre a new guy on a new team -- it takes a little time to get comfortable and get going," said Glenn. "And everybody wants it to happen faster, but sometimes its just what happens. It takes a couple games to get in the groove and the game plan running your way." Glenn surpassed a milestone on the first play of the game. He ducked a hard tackle before throwing a 16-yard bullet down the middle to slotback Courtney Taylor that put him over 40,000 career yards. Glenn then found Andrew Harris, who carried it for a gain of 33 yards to put B.C. at the 23 and a ffirst down.dddddddddddd Two incompletes later and Paul McCallum kicked a 30-yard FG for the games first score. Glenn was efficient on the Lions next possession, getting his team to the 36 before heaving a 35-yard TD strike to wide receiver Arceneaux for an early 10-0 advantage. That drive took only five plays and 62 yards. The Als got on the board soon after as Brandon Whitaker took Montreal 41 yards on two rushes before a B.C. roughing the passer call put the Alouettes at the 35. After Troy Smiths pass was nearly picked off, Sean Whyte kicked in a 42-yarder to make it 10-3 at 4:31 of the first. McCallum kicked B.C. to a 13-3 lead at 3:48 of the second thanks to a drive by Glenn. He slung a 25-yard pass to slotback Shawn Gore before finding both Stefan Logan and Taylor to put B.C. inside the red zone. Glenn couldnt finish the drive, so McCallum kicked it in from 16 yards out. It got worse for Montreal minutes later when a blocked punt by Khreem Smith was recovered by defensive tackle Eric Taylor, who huffed it 19 yards to put the Lions back in scoring position. Courtney Taylors 7-yard TD was called back to the one, but backup QB Travis Partridge punched it in - his first pro TD - and the Lions had a 20-3 lead at the half. B.C. went right back to work in the third as a scampering Glenn found Arceneaux for a 35-yard gain and then again down the middle to put the Lions back in the redzone. From deep in the pocket it was once again Glenn connecting with Arceneaux as B.C. took control with a 27-3 lead at seven minutes. Smiths nightmare game continued on the next possession when rookie DE Alex Bazzie sacked him for a quick three and out. "Some of the challenges that people just dont know is theres times when its just not the quarterbacks fault," said Higgins. "(Smith) is standing there and someones not running where theyre supposed to. We need to examine all of those things." Lions backup John Beck came in for the third and picked up where Glenn left off, hitting Arceneaux with a 27-yard touchdown pass to make it 34-3 and put the game out of reach. That was Arceneauxs third major of the game. "Mannys an elite player," said Lions head coach Mike Benevides. "Hes a big time player. As hard as he works and as gifted as he is, Im not surprised at all (hes playing well). Im so grateful thats he on our team." Notes: The Lions honoured the 1994 Grey Cup Champion team at halftime ... Safety Matt McGarva left the game in the first quarter with a knee injury and did not return. ... The Als and Lions have split their season series 1-1 since 2007. ... The Lions continue their home stand in Week 5 with a visit from the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (3-1). Montreal has a bye before hosting the Argos in Week 6. Cheap Celtics Jerseys Wholesale Nets Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Stitched 76ers Jerseys Raptors Jerseys China Cheap Bulls Jerseys Wholesale Cavaliers Jerseys Pistons Jerseys China Pacers Jerseys China Cheap Bucks Jerseys Online Wholesale Hawks Jerseys Cheap Hornets Jerseys Wholesale Heat Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Wizards Jerseys Nuggets Jerseys China Timberwolves Jerseys China Cheap Thunder Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Blazers Jerseys Wholesale Jazz Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys For Sale Cheap Clippers Jerseys Lakers Jerseys China Wholesale Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Authentic Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Rockets Jerseys China Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Wholesale Pelicans Jerseys Spurs Jerseys China ' ' '

lebaobei123  
lebaobei123

g as skier after skier came down the mounta
aptors General Manager Masai Ujiri. "I think

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen